Tuesday October 10, 2017
You’ve started the new home search. But it’s kind of overwhelming. Perhaps a list of tips for choosing the right community in the Cedar Valley might help!
- LOCATION. Is it close to your job? Is the commute going to be horrible? Can the kids walk to school? How close are the shopping centers, restaurants, medical facilities, parks, etc? The Cedar Valley is a thriving region located in Northeast Iowa centered on the Waterloo/Cedar Falls metro area. There are plenty of shops and restaurants, and conveniently located schools. The average commute time is 19 minutes, and the quality of life is outstanding.
- PRODUCT & PRICE. Are you looking for a single-family home on a spacious lot or a low-maintenance townhome with an HOA? Do you need flexible space? An in-law suite? A home office? How much home can you afford? What kind of mortgage are you qualified for? The Cedar Valley has a variety of homes available, in a wide range of prices. No matter what kind of home you want or can afford, you’ll be able to find something here.
- SCHOOLS. Is it in a good school district? Are there private schools nearby? How far away are the schools? Does the school district have honors/gifted/special needs programs? Are there other resources like counseling services? Special assistance programs? The Cedar Valley schools are offer comprehensive educational opportunities, as well as special services for students who need them.
- NEIGHBORS. Do you want a close-knit group or do you want your privacy? Are there other kids for your kids to play with? Is there someone to take after-dinner walks with and share car-pooling? The Cedar Valley has neighborhoods for everyone – singles, growing families, 55-plus. No matter what stage of life you’re in, this vibrant community has a place for you.
- GO WITH YOUR GUT. Is your little voice telling you “YES!”, but your logical brain is only saying “Maybe”? Hard decision time. You can make a list of pros & cons, or you can listen to your gut. Chances are, if your instincts are saying this is the place, then it’s probably just what you’re looking for!